Wednesday 27 August 2014

Procrastination - I stab at thee!

Photograph of David Innes from Perth, pointing at the camera
Motivation to do things, one does not want to do, seems abundantly difficult to gather.

Name it...

If you aren't keen, passionate, salivating towards or even mildly interested in it - one wont do it. Or at the very least one struggles to do it.

However most of these motivational challenges are happily rejected with a lofty hand to shoo it away as the nuisance it appears to be.

Bah humbug I say to such shackles! To quote from Churchill:

"A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

Drawing philosophical muster from the above World War 2 Prime Minister's self-help guidelines; I am focusing upon the seemingly difficult task to re-train my diet and exercise routines (or lack thereof) for the opportunity of improving my physical and mental health.

To get back into a shape other than a circle.

Not that there is anything wrong with circle shaped objects. After all whom am I to judge the bountiful roundness of spherical patterns? The cuddliest soft puffiness of extra circumference...no sir not I!

I stand before my reflection...empowered to transform it into a different shape. Like an artist imagining the creative possibilities of manipulating a mound of clay, refusing to stand idle with diametric resentments. Like an conservationist recycling wasteful materials in order to improve our industries into a progressive, stable, and better environmental future. 

Or like a fat bastard who needs to shed some kilos.

Onwards!

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog to be not only interesting and eloquently articulated, but I found myself completely in agreement with your analogies and thoughts. I too am in the same realm of trying to "reshape" my life and my physical self. Good luck with your journey and here's to hoping I can be inspiration or an encouraging party in the endeavor.

    ReplyDelete